My neighbours are intimidating

She then went on to say I had been staring at her 18 yr old daughter (who is in the local high school 6th form and we see often walking home at the same time as we do) I have never stared at her only once given her a filthy look in response to her and her friends pointing and laughing/talking obviously at me and my children (my daughter was upset by this) The neighbour then went on to say that I was a filthy tart?!?! She then left in her car with her husband which was waiting for her... This neighbour works in a school surely she should know better than to approch someone in this way who has kids with them...I feel so intimidated by them both (both in their late 40's early 50's - I am 28) Ive hidden in the house today, kept the curtains closed and trying to keep myself from tears... Hi Paula, Its understandably upsetting being shouted at in that way, and I'm sorry to hear that you feel so intimidated by them. The longer this is left, the worse it could become, so do think about finding a way to resolve the dispute.In England and Wales a Criminal Behaviour Order may be obtained where an offender has been convicted of an offence and has engaged, or is likely to engage, in conduct likely to cause harassment, distress or alarm to others and the order is likely to prevent this in the future.For harassment to be committed, there must be a 'course of conduct' (i.e. The behaviour does not necessarily have to be violent in nature, but would need to have caused some alarm or distress and be oppressive.The law takes into account the "reasonable person" test.Basically this means that if it was felt that a person of reasonable firmness (i.e.

In some cases, the victim and the perpetrator live close to each other, often as neighbours.The intensity and frequency of incidents, combined with the proximity of victim and perpetrator, not only makes harassment and intimidation extremely distressing, it also makes it difficult for recipients of this kind of abuse from taking a stand and speaking out against the behaviour.Local authorities have a responsibility to take immediate enforcement action to protect those who are being harassed or intimidated.This may be through an injunction or an interim ASBO (which may be obtained without notice to the defendant in Scotland and Northern Ireland) or a Community Protection Notice (in England and Wales) and can provide immediate relief and raise confidence in the ability of local agencies to tackle this sort of anti-social behaviour.Anti-social behaviour orders and injunctions and Community Protection Notices are available to protect people from behaviour causing harassment, alarm or distress.

Leave a Reply