Additionally, if you know of any resolution to this error – let us know in the comments section below and we’ll include the solution for everyone’s benefit.This error is documented on the Oracle website as: TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name Cause: The service name you provided could not be found in TNSNAMES.Hi Guys, I have an issue with Informatica 7.1 configuration with Oracle 10 g database. ORA FILE ORCL (DESCRIPTION (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = mywork)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = orcl.world) ) ) EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA (DESCRIPTION (ADDRESS_LIST (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1)) ) (CONNECT_DATA (SID = PLSExt Proc) (PRESENTATION = RO) ) ) //LISTNER. DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT) I installed oracle 10g on windows xp pro and used static ip. thanks sunil I believe you have copied the file correctly.Informatica is not able to communicate with Oracle 10g database. ORA FILE SID_LIST_LISTENER (SID_LIST (SID_DESC (SID_NAME = PLSExt Proc) (ORACLE_HOME = D:\oracle\product.2.0\db_1) (PROGRAM = extproc) ) ) LISTENER (DESCRIPTION_LIST (DESCRIPTION (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = mywork)(PORT = 1521)) ) ) //SQLNET. But there should be an '=' (equals to) symbol after the orcl as shown below: ORCL = (DESCRIPTION................etc) Also check whether the listener is up on the server where the database is installed.
There was a previous installation of Oracle Client on the Windows Server.EXE (one is in Sys Wow64, the other is in System32) It appears the tumbleweed rolled by on this one but just for everyone who may be experiencing the same issue; I was able to fix this by using the Net Configuration Assistant wizard and providing the right information.Every now and then when I created a new Oracle database in an existing Oracle base (be it 11g or 12c) – I get the error “TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name” whenever I try to do tnsping on a new database.ORA, an Oracle Names server, or a native naming service.Action: Verify that you entered the service name correctly. I started to go through the files by hand, sqlnet.ora, listener.ora, (which I’m much more confident with surprisingly)…it had to be something small.